Honestly, the Venus II (12th) still manages to amaze me.
Some reviews mention that the Venus II sounds a bit harsh when used for the first time, but I did not hear that. Actually, right out of the box the Venus II already sounded better than the (not too shabby) built-in DAC of my Mark Levinson. And as breaking-in progresses, the sound still keeps developing day by day. Honestly, the Venus II (12th) still manages to amaze me; what a great device it is, at an unbelievable price-point!
This is where I play music with:
- Roon Nucleus with Teddy Pardo LPS
- Tellurium Q Silver Diamond Waveform usb
- Denafrips Venus II (12th Anniversary Edition) DAC
- Crystal Cable Reference Diamond XLR
- Mark Levinson No585 integrated amplifier
- Crystal Cable Reference Diamond Speak
- Martin Logan Expression ESL-13A loudspeakers
Credit: RvdH, Netherlands
WHERE TO BUY?