First impression of the new Pontus DAC
Here is my first impression of the new Pontus:
- I congratulate Denafrips on a new class of music playback!
- A significantly better musical flow from the first note (maybe someone assembled the device for me with love :)
- an open midrange, as I have never heard from a new devices direct from factory
- Fall in love with details, but always in context, musically
- it is a sound image that gives intimacy, as if you are hanging on the lips of the artist
- even old discs get an energy, that is just incredible, you can hear old CDs and recordings again
- incredibly realistic spatial image with extreme micro-information, very fast sound structure, seamless
- OS operation is awesome
- NOS gives a little more timbre but less details
I had already heard the clear development with the Terminator, but the Pontus tops the whole thing, especially with headphones a real dream!
Important for me and a good sign, I am not itchy to modify the device. :)
Congratulations to Denafrips, I think the brand with this sound approach and the possibilities of the developers is the hottest manufacturer at the moment, many have to be careful!
And at these prices!
I almost want to warn because the Pontus is almost a terminator killer :), depending on how it develops. But for that I would have had to have the new terminator here longer to judge the conclusion.
Credit: Mike Christ e.K.
DENAFRIPS GERMANY PARTNER
HEADquarter Audio ®
The Pontus DAC is upgraded with:
Latest BGA-DSP module
Components fine tuning with positive sonic improvements, i.e. WIMA caps, Rubycon Caps etc (subjected to change without prior notice)
WHERE TO BUY?